Playroom Inspiration

Happy New Year!

One of the things I’m trying to work on this year is tackling some smaller home projects in an organized fashion. We moved into our house when I was 7 months pregnant and got about 75% of the house in order quickly. We painted and decorated a lot of the house in record time, and the remaining unfinished 25% just consists of clutter and ideas floating around in my head.

One of the biggest eyesores is our downstairs bedroom that has become the junk drawer of the house, so to speak. It’s a graveyard for large baby equipment that is no longer in use or really for anything that needs to be put away before company comes over. After William received so many large toys for his birthday, it became evident that they needed a home other than our living room (it literally looks like a parking garage for plastic ride-on toys and walkers). Enter: our new playroom.

We are a long way from having the room cleared out and ready for play but of course I have already jumped way ahead to pinning a whole board on Pinterest. We definitely will need some storage pieces that I am on the hunt for but I’ve got a design board going that incorporates some of the items that we already have (daybed and rug) with some things that I’d love to pull in. Two things that I think would be so fun would be a brick accent wall and a chalkboard wall. The chalkboard wall is under way and I’m looking into whether or not the brick is feasible without spending too much!

Design Board Sources: wall sconce, table & chairs, kitchen, ABC print, ABC rugdaybed, jute rug

In the meantime, here are some of my favorite playrooms that I love the look of. Not too kid-ish but very functional.

coastaloakplay2coastaloakplayroomI love these two images of The Coastal Oak’s playroom. So functional for adults and children to spend time in together! Not to mention so, so stylish (no surprise there if you follow her blog or Instagram!) and lots of storage.

brightplayroom.jpgThis one spotted on Project Nursery is so bright and cheery and uses its space so well!

playroominspo.jpg

I love the minimalism here but it still looks like there is so much for a little one to do in this room!

I’ll be sure to keep you updated on ours as we make progress–there are lots of fun things in store!

This post contains some affiliate links and I may receive a small commission from your purchase. 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s